Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Community Resource Center?
The L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise Community Resource Centers are located in communities where many of our members live, offering free health and wellness classes that are open to the public.
We built these community resource centers for individuals and families who want to stay healthy, or who want to make a change for the better. Our centers provide support for these goals by offering classes where you can:
- get fit through Zumba, yoga, hip-hop dance or aerobics
- discover healthier eating options in a nutrition class
- experience hands-on healthy cooking demos
- learn ways to manage and reduce stress
That’s just a small sample of what the we have to offer. We can also assist you with applying for low-cost or no-cost health insurance for you and your family. Check out our locations for your closest Community Resource Center and see a schedule of classes and events.
Where can I find a Community Resource Center?
Our Community Resource Centers are located across Los Angeles County and are listed below.
East Los Angeles
4801 E. Whittier Blvd., Los Angeles 90022
3570 Santa Anita Ave., El Monte 91731
2864 W. Imperial Highway, Inglewood 90303
Lincoln Heights (coming in 2024)
5599 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach 90805
3200 E. Imperial Highway, Lynwood 90262
Metro Los Angeles
1233 S. Western Ave., Los Angeles 90006
11721 Rosecrans Ave., Norwalk 90650
2072 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale 93350
Panorama City (coming in 2024)
7868 Van Nuys Blvd., Panorama City, CA 91402
696 W. Holt St., Pomona 91768
South Los Angeles (coming in 2024)
West Los Angeles
11173 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064
911 North Avalon, Wilmington 90744
What are your hours?
We’re open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please note the Wilmington Community Resource Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Who can visit a Community Resource Center?
Everyone is welcome at our Community Resource Centers.
Do I have to pay to attend a class or visit a Community Resource Center?
No, all Community Resource Center classes and services are FREE to everyone in the community.
What kind of services do the Community Resource Centers offer?
In addition to our health education and fitness classes, we offer the following free services:
- Weekly or monthly free food distributions
- Health screenings, including blood pressure, BMI and hearing
- Flu shot clinics
- CPR classes with certification
- Assistance with health care coverage enrollment
Some are available on a regular schedule, while others are included only in special events. Check your local Community Resource Center calendar to see what’s offered this month.
I do not have L.A. Care or Blue Shield Promise health plans. Can I still come to a Community Resource Center?
Yes, all of our Community Resource Centers are open to the public. Anyone can visit and participate in our classes!
I am an L.A Care or Blue Shield Promise health plan member. Is there anything special for me?
Yes, we offer some personalized services for members of L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise health plans.
- Onsite Member Services Representatives – get help receiving quality care and resolving challenges to get the care you need.
- Care Management – our Community Health Workers are here to guide you through the various medical and social services that can help improve your health.
- Wi-Fi for Telemedicine Services – if you need free Wi-Fi to connect with your health care provider through your mobile device or one of ours, we have rooms where you can make a secure and private video call with your provider. You can have a video chat with your regular doctor, or speak with a doctor through Teledoc®
- Assistance with Connecting to Social Worker – whether you need help with rental assistance, providing food for your family or paying the bills, our representatives can connect you with a social worker to help you manage a wide variety of life situations.
- New Member Orientation – new L.A. Care or Blue Shield Promise members who want to better understand their health benefits can meet with one of our representatives. They’ll explain how everything works – in person or on the phone. Members get a $10 supermarket gift card when they complete an orientation session!
How do I contact a Community Resource Center?
Online: You can start at our main Community Resource Center page and choose the location you want to contact. You can then call, visit or message that center.
- East Los Angeles 1.213.438.5570
- El Monte 1.213.428.1495
- Inglewood 1.310.330.3130
- Lincoln Heights 1.213.294.2840 (coming in 2024)
- Long Beach 1.562.256.9810
- Lynwood 1.310.661.3000
- Metro Los Angeles 1.213.428.1457
- Norwalk 1.562.651.6060
- Palmdale 1.213.438.5580
- Panorama City 1.213.438.5497 (coming in 2024)
- Pomona 1.909.620.1661
- South Los Angeles (coming in 2024)
- West Los Angeles 1.310.231.3854
- Wilmington 1.213.428.1490
Do you offer transportation services to a Community Resource Center?
We are able to offer transportation services to our L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise health plan members only, and only to our vaccine events.
Do you offer child supervision services?
Yes, the Community Resource Centers offer child supervision services for children ages four (4) and older while the parents are attending classes in the centers.
Classes & Events
Where can I see an event calendar or class schedule?
You can get the monthly calendar of events and classes in several ways.
In-person: You can pick up a monthly calendar at the Community Resource Center.
Online: You can search for classes or download a PDF of the event calendar at each Community Resource Center’s web page.
By email: You can also ask the Community Resource Center staff to email you a PDF of the current event calendar.
Call us: Call our general Community Resource Center number at 1.877.287.6290 if need you help finding a particular class or have questions.
How do I make an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, you can use our online system or call our main number at 1.877.287.6290 to connect with a representative at a center near you.
Do I have to create an account in order to book an appointment?
Yes, you must create an account in order to use our online appointment tool. You will be able to cancel and reschedule appointments by creating an account.
Is there a limit on the number of classes that I can attend?
No, there are no limits on how many classes you can take.
How often do class schedules change? When is a new calendar available?
Each Community Resource Center publishes a new calendar every month. Some classes stay on a regular schedule, especially fitness classes, while others may change in schedule from month to month.
You can check the Community Resource Center’s web page the beginning of each month to see the new calendar, or pick one up at the center.
Do the Community Resource Centers hold any special events?
Yes, Community Resource Centers host a variety of special events throughout the year, including annual Flu Shot Clinics and Back to School events. We also organize food pantry events and health screenings.
What if I miss a few classes? Can I still come back?
Yes, of course you can come back at your convenience! You are always welcome whenever you are able to attend.
Who pays for the classes?
L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise cover the costs for class instructors and materials, so that they can be free for the public.
Why do L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise of California pay for these classes?
We believe that health is not just about medical care. We want to bring services to the community that support the overall wellness of residents.
The Community Resource Centers provide a space for community members to learn together, support one another and advocate for each’s health and well-being.
Everyone, including health plans and health care systems, benefits when communities are healthier, especially when there is less life-threatening chronic disease and fewer emergency room visits.
Do you have a rewards program?
Yes! Our rewards program – My Rewards for a Healthy Life – encourages participation in a variety of health education classes at our Community Resource Centers. After participating in six health education classes, you are eligible for a premium gift! Learn more at our My Rewards.
Can I get another gift if I complete another six classes?
Yes. My Rewards for a Healthy Life is an ongoing rewards program. You are eligible for a premium gift every time you complete a new set of six health education classes.
Can I pick up my gift at any Community Resource Center?
No. You must pick up your gift at the center where you took the health education classes.
I lost my card. Do I have to start over?
Yes, you must start a new card.