The Community Resource Centers offer many different services to the public.
Schedule Your Visit
Need health care coverage? Want help with health plan member services?
We can assist with this and more. This includes Wi-Fi and a device for a telemedicine consultation, or an orientation to understand your benefits as an L.A. Care or Blue Shield Promise member. Schedule an appointment for services by calling us at 1.877.287.6290 or contact your local Center.
Health Plan Member Services
Our Centers offer in-house personalized services for members of L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise health plans.
Our Community Resource Centers are distributing free grocery items weekly or monthly on a first come, first served basis.
We believe that having access to food is important for good health – and we want you to be healthy!
Everyone is welcome.
If you need help with food, unemployment, or other issues,
Community Link can show you services near you.
Enter your zip code at Community Link and select "search".
You will see related services and help from many different community-based organizations and government agencies.
Community Link Quick Links
Social Services Assistance
Looking for rental assistance, ways to provide food for your family, or help paying the bills?
Our representatives can help connect you to a wide variety of resources.
Call us at 1.877.287.6290.
Child Supervision Services
The Community Resource Centers offer child supervision services for children ages four (4) and older while the parents are attending classes in the centers. Please review our Child Care Guidelines or contact your local center for information before your visit.
What is a Community Resource Center?
The L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise Community Resource Centers are located in communities where many of our members live, offering free health and wellness classes that are open to the public.
We built these community resource centers for individuals and families who want to stay healthy, or who want to make a change for the better. Our centers provide support for these goals by offering classes where you can:
- get fit through Zumba, yoga, hip-hop dance or aerobics
- discover healthier eating options in a nutrition class
- experience hands-on healthy cooking demos
- learn ways to manage and reduce stress
That’s just a small sample of what the we have to offer. We can also assist you with applying for low-cost or no-cost health insurance for you and your family. Check out our locations for your closest Community Resource Center and see a schedule of classes and events.
Where can I find a Community Resource Center?
Our Community Resource Centers are located across Los Angeles County and are listed below.
- East Los Angeles
4801 E. Whittier Blvd., Los Angeles 90022
- El Monte
3570 Santa Anita Ave., El Monte 91731
2864 W. Imperial Highway, Inglewood 90303
- Lincoln Heights (closed until early 2024)
- Long Beach
5599 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach CA 90805
3200 E. Imperial Highway, Lynwood 90262
- Metro Los Angeles
1233 S. Western Ave., Los Angeles 90006
11721 Rosecrans Ave., Norwalk 90650
2072 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale 93350
- Panorama City
7868 Van Nuys Blvd., Panorama City, CA 91402
696 W. Holt St., Pomona 91768
- South Los Angeles (coming in 2024)
- West L.A.
11173 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064
911 North Avalon, Wilmington 90744
What are your hours?
We’re open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please note the Wilmington Community Resource Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Who can visit a Community Resource Center?
Everyone is welcome at our Community Resource Centers.
Do I have to pay to attend a class or visit a Community Resource Center?
No, all Community Resource Center classes and services are FREE to everyone in the community.
What kind of services do the Community Resource Centers offer?
In addition to our health education and fitness classes, we offer the following free services:
- Weekly or monthly free food distributions
- Health screenings, including blood pressure, BMI and hearing
- Flu shot clinics
- CPR classes with certification
- Assistance with health care coverage enrollment
Some are available on a regular schedule, while others are included only in special events. Check your local Community Resource Center calendar to see what’s offered this month.
I do not have L.A. Care or Blue Shield Promise health plans. Can I still come to a Community Resource Center?
Yes, all of our Community Resource Centers are open to the public. Anyone can visit and participate in our classes!
I am an L.A Care or Blue Shield Promise health plan member. Is there anything special for me?
Yes, we offer some personalized services for members of L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise health plans.
- Onsite Member Services Representatives – get help receiving quality care and resolving challenges to get the care you need.
- Care Management – our Community Health Workers are here to guide you through the various medical and social services that can help improve your health.
- Wi-Fi for Telemedicine Services – if you need free Wi-Fi to connect with your health care provider through your mobile device or one of ours, we have rooms where you can make a secure and private video call with your provider. You can have a video chat with your regular doctor, or speak with a doctor through Teledoc®
- Assistance with Connecting to Social Worker – whether you need help with rental assistance, providing food for your family or paying the bills, our representatives can connect you with a social worker to help you manage a wide variety of life situations.
- New Member Orientation – new L.A. Care or Blue Shield Promise members who want to better understand their health benefits can meet with one of our representatives. They’ll explain how everything works – in person or on the phone. Members get a $10 supermarket gift card when they complete an orientation session!
How do I contact a Community Resource Center?
Online: You can start at our main Community Resource Center page and choose the location you want to contact. You can then call, visit or message that center.
- East Los Angeles 1.213.438.5570
- El Monte 1.213.428.1495
- Inglewood 1.310.330.3130
- Lincoln Heights 1.213.294.2840 (closed until early 2024)
- Long Beach 1.562.256.9810
- Lynwood 1.310. 661.3000
- Metro Los Angeles 1.213.428.1457
- Norwalk 1.213.428.1457
- Palmdale 1.213.438.5580
- Panorama City 1.213.438.5497
- Pomona 1.909.620.1661
- South Los Angeles (coming in 2023)
- West Los Angeles 1.310.231.3854
- Wilmington 1.213.428-1490
You can also call our main number at 1.877.287.6290 and we’ll direct you to the Community Resource Center you wish to contact.
Do you offer transportation services to a Community Resource Center?
We are able to offer transportation services to our L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise health plan members only, and only to our vaccine events.
Do you offer child care?
Yes, the Community Resource Centers offer child care for children ages four (4) and older while the parents are attending classes in the centers.